Saturday, September 3, 2011

School Update

I'm not sure who all I talked to about our final decision regarding Aohdan's school....but we have decided to put him in kindergarten at our local school district. We actually did get notice from Haugland's that there was a spot for us beginning on 9/16, but I was feeling very anxious about the drive to Dublin 5 days a week. It just felt like so much to put on our, already piled-high, plate.

So I called the school administrator and had a long talk with her about my worries and concerns. She really eased my mind a lot! She basically told me that Aohdan deserved the chance to show us what he could do. And you know what? She was right. The morning that school started, I got Aohdan up early and made him a good breakfast of eggs and pancakes (gluten/casein free of course) and let him play on the iPad for a little while. As soon as I mentioned that the school bus would be here he started crying and whining and complaining. Ahhhhh, it was so hard to listen to. I longed for a child excited to do something. Instead it felt like I was being drug down into that pit again...

So needless to say I was really worried about how his first day of school went. How awesome it felt to hear the administrator inform me the next day that Aohdan had an 'excellent' day at school. Yayyyy!!

No comments: