Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Second day of school - MUCH better


Last Thursday, 8/31, was Aohdan's first day of school.  But the school only took 1/2 the kindergartners on Thursday the 31st, and the other 1/2 on Friday the 1st.  Someone told me once that kindergartners are like 'herding cats' (lol) so the staff wanted to make certain there were plenty of hands to help get the newest members of the school well adjusted=)

As you all know, his first day of school did not start off well.  But today was much better!  He talked to me about 'Miss Julie' picking him up, even though he did spend a few minutes making comments like,

"School is DONE."
"I already went to school Mommy, no More!"
"There is no school today"
"School is sick"
"I am sick"
"These boots hurt my feet"
"These socks hurt my feet"
"I don't want pancakes, I want eggs"
"I don't want eggs, I want pancakes"
"Sissy can go to school, I'm staying here"
"My iPad needs me here"

...Uhhhh....I am NOT kidding about these comments either, lol, all in a matter of about 10 minutes.  But when it came to getting his coat on and heading out to the bus stop, he was fine!  He smiled at Miss Julie and walked on the bus and found a seat with no problem.  It was a much easier morning to say the least.

The picture below was actually a picture of the first day of school, but it was so cute, I'm including it again!

No comments: